English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing must view internet sites on mobile models, internet sites needs to be adaptable to tons of of assorted show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you straightforward strategies to leverage WordPress to get in all probability essentially the most out of responsive design, implement best practices, automate important processes, and make your life easier basic. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Examine up-to-date best practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping website bloat for increased shopper experience whatever the shopper’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the foundations you research to explicit tutorials, harking back to developing a photograph gallery, map net web page, and merchandise net web page.
* Examine when to depend upon themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Examine quite a few navigation methods, harking back to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select area.
* Use customary responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make photos reply to completely completely different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Receive dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and try your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.